- Metadata Fields
- Managing Metadata
- Understanding Resource Metadata
- Creating Metadata Fields
- Resource Field Types
- Configuring Category Trees
- Modifying Field Options
- Ordering Metadata Fields
- Basic Metadata Field Configuration
- Advanced Metadata Field Configuration
- Metadata Read/Write Mapping
- Migrating free text data to fixed list field options
Exiftool is a useful third party tool which allows data embedded within an image to be automatically uploaded into its resource metadata. The fields that this is applied to are configured by an administrator and can be any metadata stored within a file. Some popular uses of this functionality include importing the title and abstract from an asset or storing information about the camera or camera operator who created the asset.
The important thing to remember about using the ExifTool is:
Exiftool extracted data will overwrite data set in the upload form by Default
So ensure you consider this option when uploading.