Editing a Collection
Having Created a Collection, making changes to your collection allows you to extend the use of it beyond just a reference holder. The following options are available from the edit screen:
- Name - Customise the name of your Collection by changing this value. The change won't take effect until you hit save.
- Related Keywords - Add Keywords to help find a collection of resources. This might help if this a collection of resources relating to one thing such as a construction project.
- ID - This is the ID of the collection, it can be used with a Special Search Term to enable you to quickly retrieve resources within this collection.
- Access - Changes the access level to this resource. You can select either Public or Private. See Public Collections for more info.
- Attached Users - Allows you to share the resource with other users within the system by just adding them to this list. They then can quickly find and work with this collection.
- Allow Other Users to Add/Remove Resources - This permits other users in the system to make changes to this collection.
- Relate All Resources In This Collection - See Related Resources.
- Remove All Resources From This Collection - This will empty the collection of resources.
- Delete All Resources In This Collection - Delete Resources in the collection (See Deleting Resources)
- Copy From Collection - Add resources to this Collection.
- Collection Log - Takes you to the logs for this collection. This allows you to see the history of actions that have been made on this collection. It will log who made the action and the action that was taken.
From version 8.3, if ResourceSpace is configured with simple view mode, collections/ featured collections have a toolbar which allows users to
- Add to dash tiles that collection or featured collection category
- Select the collection (Note: does not apply to featured collection categories)