How your users are able to contribute is managed by user group upload permissions. Trusted uploaders (such as administrators) can be granted permission to add resources to ResourceSpace without the need for review. Those who are new to the system and whose contribitions should be checked before they become widely available, can upload into a pending state to allow time for resource administrators to review them before publishing.
The process works as follows:
- A user uploads a resource via the "My Contributions" link in the top navigation bar. At this point it is in state -2 (pending submission)
- They can then edit the resource until they are happy with it, then submit for review to move it to state -1 (pending review)
- A resource administrator user uses 'Manage Resources -> Resources awaiting review' under the Admin menu to review contributions in this state and move them to the final 'active' state (0)
You can approve multiple resourcces in the pending review state as follows:
- Admin -> Manage Resources -> View User Contributed Resources Pending Review
- From the collections bar, create a new collection or use an empty 'working' collection you already have e.g. My Collection (Default Collection v9.2+).
- Add the resources to the collection individually, or to add them all choose 'save results to collection' from the Actions drop down menu. All the resources will appear in the bottom bar.
- Click "edit all" in the collection bar
- Click the "status" tick box in the top form (near the bottom)
- Choose "active" from the drop down box and click save.