Managing your user contributions can be done simply by restricting user upload permissions. Trusted uploaders can be left to add resources to ResourceSpace without the need for a review. Those who are new to the system and need to be checked can have their resources left in a pending state to allow time for the resource administrators to check them.
The process works as follows:
- A user contributes a resource via the "My Collections" link in the top navigation. At this point it is in state -2 (awaiting submission)
- They edit the resource until they are happy with it, and move it to state -1 (awaiting review)
- An admin user uses 'Manage Resources -> Resources awaiting review' on the Admin menu to list and review resources in this state and move them to the final 'active' state (0)
You can accept multiple pending review items as follows:
- Admin -> Manage Resources -> View User Contributed Resources Pending Review
- From the collections bar, create a new collection or use an empty 'working' collection you already have (e.g. My Collection).
- Add the resources to the collection one at a time, or to add them all choose 'save search items to collection' at the very bottom of the results (you may need to scroll down to see the link). All the resources will appear in the bottom bar.
- Click "edit all" in the collection bar
- Click the "status" tick box in the top form (near the bottom)
- Choose "active" from the drop down box and click save.