- The admin menu
- Resource requests
- Promoting and collating
- Managing resources
- Metadata fields
- Managing metadata
- Understanding resource metadata
- Creating and deleting metadata fields
- Metadata field types
- Configuring category trees
- Modifying field options
- Ordering metadata fields
- Basic metadata field configuration
- Advanced metadata field configuration
- Extracted text
- Metadata read/write mapping
- Migrating free text data to fixed list field options
- Configuring Expiry date field
- Configuring search
- Advanced resource arrangements
Ordering metadata fields
Metadata fields have an order applied which determines where they will appear on the search, edit and upload pages. It is worth giving consideration to this order to make these pages as intuitive as possible for your users.
Global fields are placed first, with resource type specific fields in a collapsible section below, to be displayed as the appropriate type is selected. However, it is possible to order your metadata fields within these sections to help you users make sense of the page. This is arranged in the Manage metadata area.
Here you will be able to either use the "move up" and "move down" options to reorder the fields, or simply drag and drop from the list view to set their place in the sequence of fields.