- Metadata Fields
- Managing Metadata
- Understanding Resource Metadata
- Creating and Deleting Metadata Fields
- Metadata Field Types
- Configuring Category Trees
- Modifying Field Options
- Ordering Metadata Fields
- Basic Metadata Field Configuration
- Advanced Metadata Field Configuration
- Metadata Read/Write Mapping
- Migrating free text data to fixed list field options
User Research Requests
Research Requests allow users to ask administrators for help in sourcing resources. Users will be instructed to fill out a form detailing what they need, administrators can then help them to find suitable resources. This can be done by either providing them with a list of resources, or by sending them links to searches or collections to help them get their search started.
This can be a fairly time-consuming task for administrators but it can be a good way to help new users into the system by allowing them to ask questions about searching and providing them with a start point. As an administrator you can then guide them with suggested search keywords and resource recommendations which will train them to become more independent.
This is an optional feature which can be made available for all users in the system or as a user group configuration.