ResourceSpace tracks information about downloads, uploads and views and the reports area allows you to gain access to this information.
While the Analytics section produces graphs and charts of high level summaries, the reporting section is more orientated towards a detailed table structure.
You can download copies of both styles of presentation. Reports are available as a CSV file for spreadsheet software or can be viewed directly in your browser.
- Database statistics - Returns core statistics on the current system usage. Includes a total count for resources, keywords, keyword relationships, collections, collection relationships and users.
- Expired resources - Shows all resources where the expiry date has elapsed. Displays resource ID, title and expiry date.
- File integrity check - Returns a report to show the oldest and most recent resources which have been subject to the file integrity check. Useful to ensure the check is being run regularly.
- Keywords used in resource edits - Returns a list of keywords added to resources by users, with a count of the number of times the keyword has been used.
- Keywords used in searches - Returns a list of keywords searched by users, with a count of the number of searches.
- Mail log - Shows all emails sent via the system. Displays email ref, date/time, email to, email from and subject. Note that this report shows only email send attempts, delivery success may depend on your system configuration if using SMTP, or on your mail server settings.
- Resource request detail - Returns a summary of all resource requests placed. Report includes resource ID, resource type, user, request comments, date/time, request outcome and approving user.
- Resource comments - Shows all resources where a comment has been added. Displays comment ref, date/time, resource ID, user and user email address, and a thumbnail link to the resource.
- Resource download detail - Returns a list of all resource downloads from the specified period, ordered by date of download. Report includes date/time, user, user group, resourceID, title and type.
- Resource download summary - A condensed version of the above report, showing resource ID, title and total download count for each resource.
- Resource downloads by group - Shows the total number of resource downloads, broken down by user group.
- Resource views - Uses hit_count to return a list of resources which have been viewed in the system. Report includes resource ID and title, along with the number of times each has been viewed.
- Resources added to collection - Returns a list of resources which have been added to collections by users. Includes resource ID, title and number of collections the resource has been added to.
- Resources created - Returns a list of resources which have been created during the specified period. Displays date, user and user group, resource ID and title.
- Resources created with thumbnails - As above, but also includes a thumbnail of the resource which acts as a link to the resource itself.
- Resources sent via email - Returns a list of resources which have been shared by directly emailing a link. Displays resource ID, title and share count
- Resources with zero downloads - Returns a list of resources which have never been downloaded. This information can also be found using the special search !nodownloads. Displays resource ID and Title
- Resources with zero views - Returns a list of resources when the logged hit_count is zero. Displays resource ID and Title
- Searches with no results - Reports on which searches users ran which didn't return any results. Please note that fixed list field searches will appear in a specific format (e.g @@228, where 228 is the ID of the node). The report will display these as links and users can click on them to see the current node name.
- User details including group allocation - Returns a list of all registered users. Displays username, email address, full name, date/time created, date they last accessed the system and their allocated user group.
Viewing reports as search results
Reports which meet the criteria can also be viewed as a search result.