User resource requests
When users have restricted access to a resource they must place a request before they are able to download it, what happens with the request depends on the 'request mode' setting on the user group.
- Email only - an e-mail is sent to the administration notification address containing the request details. An admin user must respond manually by either transferring the resource files offline or by sending the user an 'external URL' with open access to the resource files.
- Managed - an e-mail is sent to the administration notification address and the admin user can log in to approve or decline the request. Once approved, the user will receive an e-mail automatically and can download the files themselves via ResourceSpace. If an expiry limit is set, the user will lose full download access to the requested resources on the date specified.
Managed requests appear in Admin > Manage Requests / Orders. The following actions are available:
- Approving a request grants the user full download access to the requested resources for the period you specify and sends the user an e-mail notifying them they have access and for how long.
- Declining a request sends the user an e-mail and cancels any previously granted access for the requested resources.
- Moving a request back to Pending after it has been in the Approved status cancels any previously granted access for the requested resources but does not send the user a notification e-mail.
- Deleting the request does not revoke any access granted but removes the request from the system. You must first 'decline' a request before deleting it to revoke access granted as a result of previously approving the request.
From v10+ resource requests notifications to the reponsible administrators can be managed using a metadata field value.