Metadata Field Types
Your choice of Metadata Field Type is important to ensure the data captured is in an appropriate form for communicating to your users what it represents. For example, the country in which a picture was taken should only be captured as a single location, and is probably best selected from a fixed list of countries to avoid abbreviations or misspellings and to provide consistent metadata.
If you do not set a field type for a resource type field, it will default to a single line entry text box.
- Text Box (Single Line Text Entry)
- Text Box (Multi-line Text Entry)
- Text Box (Large Multi-line Text Entry)
- Text Box (Formatted/ CKeditor) - This allows you to format text for HTML without needing any HTML knowledge
- Check Box List (Select Any Number of options from the list)
- Drop Down List (Select One option from a drop down list)
- Radio Buttons (Select One from a number of options)
- Date (Date Entry)
- Date and Optional Time (Date Entry with Time down to second)
- Expiry Date (Will notify the user that this resource has expired starting from the set date)
- Date Range (Allows for date range searching - requires $daterange_search=true;)
- Category Tree (See Category Tree)
- Dynamic Keywords List (Text Entry with Suggestion Options, can also dynamically Add New Options)