Data only resource types
Data only resources are resources which do not have an associated file. These resources contain metadata only and can be used to store a record or set of data that does not directly relate to a digital asset.
Data only resources can be configured to provide a PDF of metadata. These are based on templates that must be set up by the system administrator and placed in the filestore under system/pdf_templates as an HTML file. HTML2PDF is required by ResourceSpace to create PDFs.
An example template is in the template folder of a clean checkout of ResourceSpace. Custom templates can be used and should be in HTML with the following wildcards supported:
- Name of the ResourceSpace system
- URL of the ResourceSpace system in full
- URL of the ResourceSpace system without the base domain
- Name of the PDF that is being generated
- Date at time of PDF generation
- Resource type of the Resource
- Title of a metadata field, replace 8 with the reference of the required field.
- Value of a metadata field, replace 8 with the reference of the required field.
- Current page number
- Number of pages