Data only resource types
Data only resources are resources that do not have an associated file. These resources contain metadata and can be used to store records or data that does not directly relate to a digital asset.
Data only resources can be configured to provide a PDF of metadata. These are based on templates that must be set up by the system administrator and placed in the filestore under system/pdf_templates as an HTML file. HTML2PDF is required by ResourceSpace to create PDFs.
An example template is in the template folder of a clean checkout of ResourceSpace. Custom templates can be used and should be in HTML with the following wildcards supported:
- Name of the ResourceSpace system
- URL of the ResourceSpace system in full
- URL of the ResourceSpace system without the base domain
- Name of the PDF that is being generated
- Date at time of PDF generation
- Resource type of the Resource
- Title of a metadata field, replace 8 with the reference of the required field.
- Value of a metadata field, replace 8 with the reference of the required field.
- Current page number
- Number of pages