- Asset processing
- User interface
IMPORTANT: In most cases it is better to use SimpleSAML for Google authentication. As of version 10.0 this plugin has been removed.
Before you can use the google_oauth plugin you will need to create a Google API Console project. To create it, follow these steps:
- Download the Google APIs Client Library for PHP to /lib/google_api_php_client_2.2.0
- Go to Google API Console.
- From the project drop-down, select an existing project, or create a new one by selecting Create a new project.
- In the sidebar under "API Manager", select Credentials, then select the OAuth consent screen tab.
- Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press Save.
- In the Credentials tab, select the New credentials drop-down list, and choose OAuth client ID.
- Under Application type, select Web application. Register the origins from which your app is allowed to access the Google APIs, as follows. An origin is a unique combination of protocol, hostname, and port.
- The Authorized redirect URI should be the one you see on the setup page of the plugin.
- Press the Create button.
- From the resulting OAuth client dialog box, copy the Client ID and Client Secret. The Client ID lets your app access enabled Google APIs.