- Installing and upgrading
- Installation overview
- General installation requirements
- Installing on Ubuntu Linux
- Installing on Windows Server
- Installing on macOS
- Installing on CentOS Linux
- Installing on SuSE
- Configuring php.ini
- Configuring Apache
- Configuring the database
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice
- OpenCV (facial recognition)
- Alternative installation
- Upgrading PHP versions
- Setting up scheduled tasks/cron
- User management
- Advanced user group options
- Customising ResourceSpace
- Configuring ResourceSpace
- The config file
- E-commerce and PayPal
- Offline job queues
- File integrity checking
- ResourceSpace file storage (filestore)
- Edit access for contributors
- Configuring Leaflet Maps
- Create Alternative Video Files
- Signing all database PHP code
- Integrating with Uppy Companion
- The System Configuration Page
Manage (system) tabs
Applicable version: 10+
Tabs can be used by both metadata fields and resource types.
To manage tabs, go to Admin > System > Tabs
Please note there will always be a Default (ref #1) tab. This record can't be deleted. It will be the fallback location for any unassigned metadata field.
Tabs support our multi-lingual sytax. You can access it only when editing a tab.
By default the system is configured to sort tabs alphabetically when rendering them in the UI. If you wish to manually control the tabs ordering, please make sure you disable this first by adding the following to your config.php:
$sort_tabs = false;
To re-order tabs, choose to display all the results on the page. This will list the records in their order (by the order_by column - hidden). Click on and drag & drop to the new position.
On the resource view page, if at least one metadata field is configured to be displayed on a tab, any other fields which have not been assigned to a tab will be placed on the Default tab. If no fields are configured to be displayed on tabs, the system will render fields as usual (without tabs).
On the edit/upload page, all unassigned fields will placed on the Default tab. If you see only the Default tab and have no need of other tabs, you should consider disabling tabs on edit (configuration option: $tabs_on_edit).