This document outlines the terms and conditions for the free hosted ResourceSpace service.
The scope of service includes:-
- Hosting of a free installation of ResourceSpace.
- Storage of 10GB of asset data.
- Software support will not be provided as part of this agreement. Support can be purchased from Montala separately.
- Documentation is provided in the Knowledge Base area of this site.
- Although we endevour to keep the documentation up to date, we are not accountable for the accuracy of the information in the Knowledge Base.
- Montala may terminate your service at any time if the terms outlined here are broken.
- Montala may terminate your service if it is not accessed by any user for a period greater than 12 months.
- Montala may additionally terminate this agreement for any reason with three months' notice.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying Montala of your desire to do so. Termination will take effect immediately upon sending such notification to Montala. We will destroy all stored copies of your data in this event.
- This agreement transfers to you neither title nor any intellectual property rights to the software, documentation, or any copyrights, patents or trademarks, embodied or used in connection therewith.
- Any third party software is supplied to you on the basis of the relevant third party's license terms with which you agree to comply.
- You acknowledge that software in general is not error-free, and agree that the existence of such errors will not constitute a breach of this agreement.
- We shall have no liability for any loss or damage to any data stored on your free installation.
- We do not provide backup services as part of our free packages - these form part of the paid packages only. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate backups of any uploaded content using the built in export tools.
Hardware and Network
- You will not be the owner of the physical server.
- The server shall be installed and operated by us. You will have no right of physical access to the server.
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that the server will be free from defects. Nor can we guarantee that it will operate uninterrupted or without failure.
- We shall use our reasonable endeavours to make available to you at all times the services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of service or down-time of the server.
- We reserve the right to change the IP address and domain name assignments at any time.
Use of Services
- You shall keep secure any identification, password and other confidential information relating to your account or the services and shall notify us immediately of any known or suspected unauthorised use of the services or breach of security, including but not limited to loss, theft or unauthorised disclosure of your password or other security information.
- We operate a fair use policy with respect to server bandwidth. The monthly quota for combined uploads and downloads for is 10GB. We reserve the right to terminate the service if this limit is exceeded.
- You are solely responsible for the content of any postings, data or transmissions using the services or any other use of the services by you or by any other person or entity authorised by you.
- You will not carry out penetration testing, or any other sort of security testing, on a trial service without our express consent.
- You represent, undertake and warrant to us that neither you nor any person or entity authorised by you will use the services for illegal, disruptive or objectionable purposes.
- In particular, you represent, warrant and undertake to us that you or any person or entity authorised by you, will not upload, post, link to or transmit:
any material which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, malicious, defamatory, obscene, blasphemous, profane or otherwise objectionable in any way.
any material containing a virus or other hostile computer program
any material which constitutes, or encourages the commission of, a criminal offence or which infringes any patent, trade mark, design right, copyright or any other intellectual property right or similar rights of any person which may subsist under the laws of any jurisdiction.
- It is your responsibility to make sure any content uploaded by you or those you have authorised does not break the definitions listed above.
- You will not use the services in any manner which interferes with, or disrupts, other network users, services or equipment including, without limitation, unsolicited advertising or chain letters, inappropriate news group or forum posts, wrongly impersonating another user and falsifying one's network identity.
- It is your responsibility to manage ResourceSpace user accounts and ensure that passwords are of the required complexity, that only authorised users are given valid usernames and passwords, and that unused accounts are removed as appropriate. We are not responsible for the management of ResourceSpace user accounts.
Ownership of Data
- We acknowledge and agree that you shall own all data provided or stored on your behalf on the server or backup mediums. Should you wish to retain a copy of the uploaded data it is your responsibility to do this using the export and download tools available within the software.