Useful User Permissions
User access to resources is easy to modify and there are many options in the user group permissions which change the way that users can create, update and view resources. Although this would ordinarily be a system administrators job, understanding the user permissions is important for a resource admin to get the most out of the system.
If you would like to find out more and how to configure these options, visit the dedicated section for System Administrators.
The following list are the different permissions and methods of controlling user interactions with resources.
User group permissions
Searching / access
- Can download restricted resources and view confidential resources (normally admin only)
- Block Access to workflow state: 'Pending submission','Pending review','Active','Waiting to be archived','Archived','Deleted'
- Restrict Access to All available Resources
- Can Make Resource Requests
- Show watermarked previews/thumbnails
- Can See all fields - If this is unchecked you can specify which fields the user group can see
- Can Edit all fields - If this is unchecked you can specify which fields the user group can edit
- Can see resource type: 'Audio,'Document,'Photo','Video'
- Restricted access only to resource type: 'Audio,'Document,'Photo','Video'
- Restricted upload for resource of type: 'Audio,'Document,'Photo','Video'
Resource creation / management
- Edit Access to workflow state: 'Pending submission','Pending review','Active','Waiting to be archived','Archived','Deleted'
- Edit access to Access state: 'Open','Restricted','Confidential','Custom'
- Can create resources / upload files (admin users; resources go to 'Active' state)
- Can create resources / upload files (normal users; resources go to 'Pending Submission' state via My Contributions)
- Can delete resources(to which the user has write access)
- Can manage archive resources
- Can manage alternative files
Themes / collections
- Can publish collections as themes
- Can see all theme catgeories - if unchecked you can specify only those that the user group will have access to
- When searching, display only resources that exist within themes to which the user has access
- Can manage research requests
- Can manage resource requests
- Can assign resource requests to others
- Can be assigned resource requests (also; can only see resource requests assigned to them in the Manage Resource Requests area)
User group advanced options
- Search Filter - filter the users search results by field values
- Edit filter - filter the resources a user can edit by field values
- Derestrict filter - allows access to a restricted resource if a condition is met
- Resource defaults - set defaults for a resource on upload (for this user group only)
Spotted a mistake? It would be a big help if you could edit this article. Thanks!